Saturday 7 December 2013

9 Things you Need for an organized Entryway:


Don’t kill me for I was supposed to share what I did with Pringles cans to repurpose them into beautiful penholders as I promised in this post. I haven’t forgotten about that nor have I changed my mind. It’s just that those cans still need final touches and lovely beads on them. Once ready, I promise to share it with you guys before anyone else. For now, let’s talk about entryways.
We got shifted to our new home this June and, honestly, we are still in the midst of decorating it, making it top notch or in other words making it feel like home. Few days back, I was noticing our dining table was getting cluttered with mails, magazines, unpaid bills, invitation cards, keys, and stuff that males of the home like to dump at the end of the day. Situation was getting worse and out of control as before serving dinner, table needed to be cleared and misplaced items remained astray until before getting settled on dining table again. Huh Ha!
I knew our home needed an organized entryway to let the clutter at bay. Here is the list of nine items that you need to have an organized entryway.
ITEM # 1: STORAGE SPACE
Storage is the key to have an organized entryway as the things that need to be brought in or taken out of the home find their happy place. For example if you don’t want to pull you hair out every morning finding keys then you better have a designated space for them. I adore having a place to put away shoes. I have my room shoe cupboard upstairs; so, when I come home and feel too tired to rush to my room I need abode for my sandals – of course, I don’t want them to play hide and seek with me.
 
ITEM 2: HOOKS

I have to confess; below picture of an entryway with hooks is lot better than what one envisions. An entryway is the first to reflect your home style, compel your guest to say wow and hug you when you return home.


ITEM 3: DRAWER TO DUMP THINGS
A drawer that gives you liberty to dump things quickly without having to look them like a mess is such a great blessing. Smaller containers fit like heaven in drawers to hold keys, wallets, change, coins, watch, sun glasses and/or other necessary items that you have to carry each day. Instead of bringing them in, it’s a safe choice to leave them in the drawer.

ITEM 4: MEMO BOARD
I can’t stress enough as to why a memo board is a life saver, an absolute must have. Every paper that comes to your home or needs to leave it one day - regardless if its time constrained or not – should go through the memo board. Separate inbox and outbox channelizes the circulation of papers.

ITEM 5: BASKETS
I love baskets so much. In matter of time, they can give a very neat look to the whole scene. And, it’s not merely about looks. The way they add functionality to a place is so amazing.


ITEM 6: SEATING ARRANGEMENT
Enough said!
 ITEM 7: GOOD QUALITY RUG
A good quality rug can introduce a burst of colors to the entryway with its elegant presence. It reminds me I’m back to my cozy, comfortable home and for guest it’s a gentle reminder to leave their shoes at the door. 


ITEM 8: A MIRROR
No matter how much time I spend in front of the mirror, I don’t feel confident leaving home without having to look at myself again. It acts as the final verdict to assure me I’m looking my best and I’m ready better than ever to meet the outside world.

ITEM 9: YOUR PERSONAL STYLE
Any part of the home doesn’t start looking real unless you pour your personal style into it. It should speak on your behalf and represent your personal style even if takes trying something new and experimenting with bold colors.


Anything you feel is important to keep an entryway organized? I would love to know. Till then,
Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is important to us

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...